Friday, April 11, 2008

first light


So yes, I've been quiet on Designer lately. We've been intensely busy transitioning to our proper home in the Notes environment. I must admit, it's pretty! While our initial work has been done on "plain" Eclipse, but we need the Notes framework to have little things like location switching...

We'll be doing further work to customize the look - trying to strike a balance between making it feel like home and exposing the power of Eclipse. I'm proud of what the team's been doing on this - so thought I'd give an early look of its new look, even though it is still evolving :-)

5 comments:

Nate said...

Maureen, you should show something besides an xpage so Notes developers can more readily related to the environment.

TexasSwede said...

I would also love to see a couple of screens of more traditional design element.
I think you are on the right track, you can't change the environment too drastically for the developers, but you at the same time want to expose all the new functions in Eclipse.
Please make sure the is full support for PNG everywhere, including button faces, action bar backgrounds, etc.

Josep Alemany i Fruitós said...

Hello Maureen,

It looks really pretty!

I can't wait to program my lotus applications with this Eclipse...

Good Job,

Josep Alemany

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen,
I am impressed with the result of merging the Eclipse IDE as the Domino Designer, it really shows the potential that the tool has to evolve. Taking advantage of the opportunity, if we have any recourse, Debug for JAVA and JAVA SCRIPT?, Something similar to Debug Lotus Script, I am sure that this feature will bring an gain too high for the Community of Domino Developer and will allow us to take greater advantage of these resources

Markus Dierker said...

Hi Maureen,
I can't wait to get my hands on the new Designer. Could you please show a screenshot of the LotusScript editor with some custom class. Please let us know when the first beta will see the light of day. Is there any way we can participate in an internal beta program? I would love to test the Script editor against my many many custom classes :-)
Keep up the great work!
- Markus